NEWS & EVENTS
100 Black Men of Western Pennsylvania 2014/2015 Calendar of Events
1. Saturday Mentoring Workshops ---12:00 to 2:00 PM each Saturday, except Holiday weekends beginning Saturday, September 27,2014 at CCAC Northshore Main Campus, Room 112 Milton Hall. Program focuses on the 100’s National Four for the Future program, ie., Mentoring, Education and Culture awareness, Economic Development, Entrepreneurship, and Health and Wellness. Workshop Kick-off Orientation –Saturday, September 20th CCAC Main Campus Student Center Atrium and Auditorium 2nd Floor, 12 to 2 PM. Mike Carlisle has the roster of those scheduled for Saturday Workshop presentations. If you are not on the list please contact Mike. To maintain active member status each member must participate in at least three Mentoring workshops during the school year. We need your support!!!!! Please contact Mike at , or by phone at 412-608-5149.
2. SAT Prep ---- TBD. Contact Mr. Mike at email@example.com.
3. Tutoring---- Saturdays at 11:00 AM to 12 noon at CCAC Room 112 Milton Hall. In collaboration with National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)at CMU and the Collegiate 100 of Duquesne University. Additional Volunteers needed. Please contact Mike Carlisle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. New Members Orientation, and Member Meetings ----- TBD
5. Pre-Kwanzaa Celebration ---- Saturday, December 13, 2014, 12:00 to 2:30 PM, Atrium second floor CCAC North-shore Main Campus Student Center. Parents are invited as well. Volunteers needed to assist with organizing the program. Contact Mike at email@example.com.
6. Annual Business RoundTable ---- Saturday, January 17, 2015, 12 to 2 PM ---Atrium second floor CCAC North-shore Main Campus Student Center. Parents are invited as well. Volunteers needed to assist with organizing the program. Contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. African American History Challenge Bowl in association with the City of Pittsburgh’s 21 Middle Schools and 9 High Schools; Friday, February 27, 2015 at the Greenway Professional Development Center, Sheridan. Dr. Wayne Walters (email@example.com) leads this effort. Volunteers needed for moderators and support. Please contact Dr. Walters or Mike Carlisle.
8. Financial Empowerment --- Eight weeks April thru May, 2015. Led by Al -- Focuses on Basic financial literacy, including banking, Credit, saving, budgeting, Entrepreneurship and investing. Ends with mentee competition. Winners compete at National Conference. Contact Al at 412-215-4522. Sponsored by State Farm and National 100 Black Men.
9. Western PA chapter elections (date and time, 2015 TBD)
10. Annual Students Awards and Recognition Program------ TBD--Sunday, 2 PM Noon to 4:30 PM, June , 2015, Obama Academy.
11. Info-Link 100 Summer Computer Program in collaboration with CMU and High-Mark ---Summer vacation period, June 1 thru August 8, 2015. Volunteers needed. Please contact Mike Carlisle- - or 412-608-5149.--- Kickoff meeting at CMU, Saturday, May 23,2015.
12. 100 Black Men National Convention, Houston, Tx.. ----June 11--14, 2015, . Senior Mentees and History Bowl and Financial Literacy winners will be in attendance. Contact Mabel Morton- for additional info
13. Annual Student Summer Educational/Cultural Trip-----July 25, 2015 –Contact Mr. Mike- for details
14. 21th. Annual Imhotep Mentoring and Scholarship Golf Tournament----Monday, August 10,2015 at the Southpointe Golf Club, Canonsburg, PA. Contact Al Valentine – for details.